Monday, September 29, 2008

Tortilla Soup

Fall is the perfect time of year to make all kinds of yummy soups. My SIL reminded me of this yummy one that i made last year. I thought I got this recipe off of Just Made This blog, but I couldn't find it on there today when I went to link it....so if someone else claims this let me know and I will give you the credit! Enjoy!

Tortilla Soup
4-6 T. Vegetable oil
1 medium spanish onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 (26 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes
2 T. Cumin
1 T. chili powder
1 tsp. salt
3 bay leaves
2 cans chicken broth
2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
1 can black beans
1/2 cup frozen corn

Garnishes:
Sour cream
avocado, diced
cilantro
corn tortilla strips (I just used crushed chips)

In heavy pot, on medium tomed. high heat, heat oil. Add onion and let sweat 5 or so minutes. Add garlic and stir until you can start to snmell the garlic, a few seconds or so. Add the tomatoes and seasonings. Bring to boil. Add the broth and reduce heat to simmer. Ten minutes later add the beans, corn & chicken. Simmer another 20 minutes. Serve with garnishes.

No comments: