Monday, August 29, 2011

Cake batter Blondies

{Recipe & pic from} Two Twenty One

INGREDIENTS
1 yellow cake mix  •  1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil  •  1 egg
1/2 cup milk  •  3/4 cup white chocolate chips  •  1-2 TBSP. sprinkles (optional)

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine cake mix, oil, and egg in a large mixing bowl.
3. Slowly add milk to bowl.  You want the batter to remain as dense as possible.
4. Mix in white chocolate chips.
5.  Pour mixture into a greased 9x9 square pan.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until the edges begin to turn golden brown.


Now I'll add that the recipe I was following called for 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips, but I made the rational decision to use 3/4 cup because you can never have too many chocolate chips.  It also called for canola oil, but I went rogue and used vegetable oil.  I'll switch to canola oil after that bottle of vegetable oil is kaput.

No comments: