Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Zucchini Tomato Bake

I CANNOT wait until we can eat some GARDEN veggies!  And I am MOST def making this!


Thank you Sisters Cafe


Zucchini Tomato Bake
Submitted by Mindy (from On My Menu)

1 onion, chopped
4 T butter (I used 2 T)

4 zucchini, sliced in rings (I did 2 zucchini, 2 summer squash)
3 tomatoes, chopped
1/4 lb mushrooms, sliced (I used extra!)
1/2 tsp basil
3 T parsley, chopped
Garlic salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
4 oz Cheddar cheese, grated (I used medium cheddar)

Saute onion in butter until soft. Add zucchini and saute until tender. Add tomatoes and mushrooms. Saute briefly, then add seasonings. Put in 1.5 quart casserole dish. Toss with Parmesan; top with Cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes. (A good option for summer: saute everything longer, approx. 10 minutes. Right before serving add cheese and stir to melt - I prepared it this way.)

No comments: